Last Revised: June 5, 2012
Scene53 Inc. and its affiliates (“Company” or “we“) respect the privacy of Shaker’s users (“User” or “you“) and are committed to protect the User’s information. We believe that you have a right to know our practices regarding the information we may collect and use when you visit the Shaker application on Facebook at the address http://apps.facebook.com/shakerapp (hereinafter, “Shaker“).
1. You consent (please read carefully!)
2. Which information we may collect on our Users?
We collect two types of data and information:
- 2.1 Non-personal Information. The first type is non-identifiable and anonymous information (“Non-personal Information“). To put it simply, we have no idea what is the identity of the User from which we have collected the Non-personal Information. Non-personal Information which is being gathered consists of technical information and behavioral information, as detailed below:
- Type of operation system (e.g. Windows, Linux, etc.)
- Type of Browser (e.g. Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, etc.)
- Screen resolution (e.g. 800×600, 1024×768, etc.)
- Browser and keyboard language (e.g. English)
- Any Similar technical information.
- User’s clickstream on Shaker (i.e. the fact that User has chosen to click on a certain link or access a certain feature on Shaker).
- Any Similar behavioral information.
- 2.2 Personal Information. The other type of information is individually identifiable information (“Personal Information“). To put it simply, this information may identify an individual or is of a private and/or sensitive nature. Personal Information which is being gathered consists of any personal details provided voluntarily by the User to Facebook and which the User specifically permits Facebook to Provide Shaker with, upon any access to or use of the Shaker application.
When you connect to Shaker for the first time you will be asked to permit Facebook to share with Shaker the following information about you:
- Basic Information (your first and last name, your profile picture or its URL & gender);
- your user ID number, which is linked to publically available information such as name and profile photo;
- the user ID numbers for your Facebook friends, whether or not such friends are connected to Shaker;
- information in your profile’s “About Me” section;
- your gender;
- your online/offline presence in the social network as well as the online/offline presence of your Facebook friends;
- information regarding and/or relating to posts and/or posts in your news feed and to perform searches therein;
- information regarding and/or relating your birthday date;
- Your living location and hometown as specified in your Facebook profile;
- your uploaded profile pictures album;
- information regarding and/or relating to relationship status;
- photos and/or videos tagging you, uploaded by you or by others;
In addition, logs of conversations you initiate on Shaker will be kept in confidence for up to six (6) months, and deleted after the lapse of such period. Please note that such logs shall not be put to any commercial use by us or disclosed to any third-party, except for limited disclosure for security purposes (see Section 4(a)-(f) below).
3. How do we collect information on our Users?
There are two main methods we use:
- We collect information while you access or use Shaker. In other words, when you access or use the Shaker application we are aware of your usage of Shaker, and may gather, collect and record the information relating to such usage. For example, when you connect to Shaker, your computer tells us your IP address. We may further log the content you generate during your use of Shaker, such as status lines on Facebook, chat and/or conversation logs.
- We collect information which you voluntarily permitted Facebook to provide us. For example, when you wish to connect to Shaker for the first time, we will ask you to allow Facebook to provide us certain information (as described above).
4. What are the purposes of the collection of information?
- Non-personal Information is collected in order to:
- Enhance the User’s experience on Shaker (e.g. by determining the screen resolutions).
- Learn about the preferences of Users and general trends on Shaker (e.g. understand which features are more popular than others).
- Personal Information is collected in order to:
- Enable the overall operation of Shaker.
- Personalize your experience on Shaker.
- Enhance other Shaker users’ experiences on Shaker (as specified on Section 5).
- Provide you with certain information and services available only to
- Allow us to contact you with proposals and tailored information regarding events, offers, services, etc.
- Identify you when conducting customer service operations (such as providing feedback, etc.).
5. Sharing personal information with Users
Shaker allows you to share your Facebook profile information with other Users on Shaker. Please note that certain information which you have defined as private on Facebook (e.g. information which is visible to Facebook friends only) may become public through Shaker (i.e. enabling Shaker Users to view such information).
Shaker provides three privacy modes for you to choose: A friendly mode, normal mode and a shy mode. When first entering Shaker, you will be asked to choose your level of sharing and privacy mode. However, you can alter your privacy mode as you please at any time, during your use of Shaker.
Setting your privacy to friendly mode, shall mean that other Users which are logged on to Shaker with you, will be able to view all the information about you specified on Section 2 above, even if they cannot view such information on Facebook, including your basic Facebook profile information, your picture, your tagged pictures and your albums. For example, say “A” is a Facebook user that cannot normally see your tagged pictures on your Facebook account, and your Shaker Privacy mode is set to friendly mode. When both “A” and yourself are present on Shaker, “A” will be able to see your tagged pictures (“A” will be able to view these pictures only from Shaker and won’t be able to see them on Facebook).
Setting your privacy to shy mode, any other User logged to Shaker with you, will be able to view only the information about you they can already view on Facebook, which include your basic Facebook profile information and your picture.
Setting your privacy to normal mode, will enable any other User logged to Shaker with you to view your basic profile information, your picture and your tagged pictures as well.
To change your privacy mode while using Shaker, look for the “Privacy” button on the top bar of the application.
Clicking the privacy mode button will present you with a pop-up asking you whether you want to change the level of sharing on Shaker to shay, normal or friendly mode. Clicking on the selected mode, your privacy mode will change accordingly.
6. Sharing Personal Information with third parties (other than Users)
For the avoidance of doubt, the purchase of Coins (as such term is defined in the Terms of Service) on Shaker is conducted by Facebook with Facebook Credits, which are subject to the applicable terms and conditions Facebook may post on its website from time to time. To purchase more Coins on Shaker, you will be transferred to a Facebook page in which you will be able to pay for your Coins by using your PayPal account or by providing your credit card details. Your payment information will be saved with Facebook for future purchases. You may always remove or manage your payment information in your account settings on Facebook. Shaker will not collect, use, manage, process or store any of your payment information whatsoever.
7. Deletion of Personal Information
If for any reason you wish to delete your Personal Information, you should send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will make reasonable efforts to delete any such information pursuant to any applicable privacy laws.
8. Cookies & Local Storage
When you visit Shaker, Company may use industry-wide technologies such as “cookies” and Flash (or similar technologies), which stores certain information on your computer (“Local Storage“) and which will allow us to enable automatic activation of certain features, and make your Shaker experience much more convenient and effortless. The cookies used by Shaker are created per session, does not include any information about you, other than your session key and are removed as your session ends (usually after 24 hours). It is easy to prohibit the Local Storage. Most browsers will allow you to erase cookies from your computer’s hard drive, block acceptance of cookies, or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. In order to erase or disable the Local Storage option in Flash you should use the settings option of Flash according to the specific instructions provided by the technology provider. However, if you block or erase cookies, or change the settings of Flash, your online experience may be limited.
We also use certain third-party cookies. These are a different kind of cookies, stored on your computer by third parties, rather than by the Company. This kind of cookie is only read (and not altered by Shaker) each time you visit Shaker, and also when you visit certain websites or applications that uses similar cookies. Third-party cookies usually store only a Non-personal Information, such as the web pages you have visited, the duration of your browsing, etc.
We take a great care in maintaining the security of Shaker and your information and in preventing unauthorized access to it through industry standard technologies and internal procedures. However, we do not guarantee that unauthorized access will never occur.
10. Third Party Websites
12. Got any Questions?